DS4Windows is the free tool which is developed by the Jays2King, this tool is very old and it was used to supports DualShock 2. After the updates, the developer keeps updating it and he added the compatibility with the PS3 controller. Now when Sony announced it’s DualShock 4 controller he also updated its program and make changes in it.
Here is the list of some changelogs which developer has made from the time:
- A major failure has been fixed. It has been fixed to start the updater routine. NOTE: Use DS4Updater.exe to upgrade to version 1.7.23 of DS4Windows. Because of the previous bug, this is necessary.
- SuppressUnmanagedCodeSecurity has been applied to the software class.
- Updated with Visual Studio 2019 HidGuardHelper.exe
- For third party controllers, added runtime MAC generation routine when serial reading fails.
- Read-only verification has been applied to the Start reference entry.
- Default set for linkedProfileCheck
- The Profile Editor checks LS Mazzone and Anti-Deadzone set
- The increased timer of hotkeys to 20 ms (was 100 ms)
- A fixed old bug that might have caused a thread lock when checking for DS4Updater
- Now use periodic garbage collection
- Save a selection of the output controller in the Profile Editor
- Added gamepad support for Hori Combat Commander and Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro.
- Fixed start minimized options
- Added precaution against NullReferenceException throws in the routine of special actions
- The resolved issue with the colour of the lightbar tooltips
- Only run the Save method when the first launch is started
- Fixed initial window status when allowed Minimize to Taskbar
- The tweaked layout of Mouse Joystick panel
- Deactivate invert setting for None with fixed touchpad
- Fixed gyro causes by default
- Fixed shift action scan code check
- Improved verification in the profile editor for the form of temporary controller
- Do not render a permanent setting for UseDS4ForMapping anymore. This setting has caused more trouble for several users than it is worth.
- Updated Task Scheduler package to version 2.8.15
- Set Specific version check to false for assembly of task schedulers
- Now use even updates command line flag for ViGEm installer
- Steel Play gamepad (wired) support for Metaltech P4.
- Changed Options template to use a tab format instead of a grid for flow control. Controls are better organized and more spread out.
- Moved CRC table creation to ControlService
- Added maximum saturation setting for light rainbow mode
- Added exclusive icon to main controller listing
- The name of the identifier has been applied to the metadata. The name will appear in the Messages tab Log
- For Mouse Joystick and RS dispute, using max displacement from the middle
- Use coloured icon provided by Geroyuni
- Set separate roundness for RS now that there is space for it in the UI
- Fixed some tooltip typos
- The run-on key unlocks, run synchronized, repeat while keeping, and retain key state support applied to the special operation of the macro.
- Added MIT license file
- Added support for the gyro’s Mouse Joystick. Used when emulating the right analogue stick to represent relative camera motion. Useful for games that do not support XInput + Mouse simultaneously
- Replaced app icons with images
- Now force dead zone and anti-dead zone for LS and RS in new profiles
- Updated ViGEmClient library has been added to fix the problem of the zombie force feedback list.
- Changed to allow the gyro steering wheel mode to operate when exiting to the output axis of VJoy while allowing DInput Only.
- Fixed problem with the packaging. Bezier Curve Editor is now bundled as recently released
- Do not use quiet flag for installer ViGEm anymore. Use the normal process of app installation
- Increased delay used in resume from suspend routine
- Custom Bezier curve implementation
- The fixed update will not be started via auto-update checker unless the update version has changed
- Slowed down mouse wheel scrolling for the analogue stick
- To send commands start / stop / shutdown / LoadProfile / LoadTempProfile, cmd line options have been added. Mika-n contributed
- Added matching support using the auto-profile system’s program path and application window title values.
- Added support in auto-profile path and window title values for matching wildcard strings.
- Fixed the issue of image size in the “profile run system” app icon.
- Fixed some strings in pt-BR resx files
- Tweaks to repair USB connections that cause high CPU usage after sleep-waking PC
- Added wait period while suspending
- Selection of set profiles for occasions where profiles have similar names. Use the exact match of the title
- Change to using a pre-allocated buffer in UDP server
- In conversion routines, bring several profile mapping properties together. Reduced calling
- Colour dialogue was taken from the KB360 type. It is now possible to design the form in x64 mode. You can now edit all types in Visual Studio’s Model mode when targeting the x64 platform
- Updated Norwegian translation
- Lower breakpoints used to improve curves of precision. Curve tightened compared to 1.7.11 version
- Enable a custom roundness setting to use Square Stick mode.
- Norwegian Bokmål translation
- Loosened enhanced precision curves
- For some reason, AdvancedColorDialog change has improved application responsiveness
- Removed colour dialogue dependency for certain shapes from development. Requires types of DS4Form and Options to open when targeting x64 in Development mode
- Added ease-out cubic curve option
- Added support for Warrior Joypad JS083 gamepad.
- Changed Welcome dialogue window to track the process of ViGEm instead of searching for its system name.
- Added support for remote connection to the network of UDP.
- Carlos Cabral and FuriaESP revised photos
- Support has been added for Razer Raiju Ultimate and PS4OutputMode CronusMax.
- Updated Welcome Dialog to use ViGEm Installer 1.6.115
- Fixed emulation mode of 360 steering wheel for output of dualshock4 controller.
- Fixed a problem with new installations that did not activate a digital controller
- Moved Form classes to separate namespace
- Aid for the Razer Raiju Tournament Edition
- Fixed DS4 Touch Button status migration. Now you can use the Touchpad button with a digital DS4
- Fixed Up-Left DPad direction for the DS4 output device
- The emulation type of the DualShock 4 controller has been added. When the option is allowed, ViGEmBus emulates a DS4 v.1
- Updated ViGEmClient library to use the DS4 target notification queue
- Delegates connected to the touchpad linked to the class example rather than to the GUI.
- Added “Unload on release button” option for special action on Load Profile. Switch from mika-n
- Fixed problem with the use of Gyro Toggle when not disabled in a profile
- The new official ViGEm Bus Driver installer has been updated to the Welcome Dialog. The installer must download the 18.104.22.168 version of ViGEm Bus Driver
- Improved ViGEmBus driver tests for ViGEmBus 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 models.
- Allow setting the location of a custom Steam folder. The change that Sander0542 contributed
- Raised Sixaxis dead zones
- The queue for fixed force feedback for ViGEmClient library
These are some changelogs of this program if you want to read the whole list of changelog then you can do this by following this link: Complete DS4Windows Changelog Document By Jays2King