DS4Windows is a tool that emulates Sony’s Dual Shock 4 Controller as an XBOX Controller allowing you to play PC Games on Windows OS. It is developed by the Jays2Kings a Senior member of PSCX2 forum. There is no doubt that portable software is the best choice to use DS4 controls on Windows but even though some people faced issues with this.
DS4Windows has a complaint that with the latest Windows 10 update they have faced that DS4 controllers are unable to connect to their PCs/laptops. Usually, it comes up with “No Controllers Connected (Max 4)” error and does not disappear even after attaching the DS4 controller to the PC / laptop again. So, In today’s guide, we will learn to troubleshoot this issue and tell you perfect solution which you should try to avoid this problem.
Cause of DS4Windows Not Detecting Controller
This is the list of some well-known causes of why this emulator doesn’t detect your controller.
- Windows 10 Update: One of the culprits behind this issue may be the latest update for Windows 10. New updates can restrict the use of DS4 Controllers.
- Malfunctioning of Device Drivers: DS4 controller driver failure can also contribute to this issue that can be fixed by re-installing the drivers.
- Controller Disabled by DS4 Windows: Somehow DS4 Windows can also accidentally deactivate the controller in Windows 10.
How to Fix DS4Windows Not Detecting Controllers
Here is the solution to fix that controllers not detected issue on your DS4Windows:
Fix 1: Uninstall & Reconnect Controller Device
These are steps which you should follow to uninstall and reconnect your controller device.
- Before we proceed make sure to close DS4Windows if it is running in the background.
- Now click Windows Logo + R at the same time and in the Run dialogue box type Control Panel and hit enter.
- Change your setting from Large Icon or Small Icons to Category and then click on Hardware and Sound. After going there you will be required to open the Device and Printers which can be located at the top.
- At this time connect DualShock 4 controller with your computer and you will notice a Controller icon there so simply right-click on that icon and open Properties.
- Inside properties click on Hardware from the above menu and then click on HID-Compliant Controller Device then just open its properties.
- In HID-Compliant Controller Device properties move to the Driver section from the above menu and then click on Uninstall Driver under theirs.
Note: Make sure to disconnect your DualShock 4 controller from the computer before performing this action.
- Now within some time it will completely remove drivers from the computer and after this simply open DS4Windows again and connect DS4 Controller.
I am 100% sure that it will fix your problem but somehow this doesn’t work for you then don’t worry there is another fix which you should follow.
Fix 2: Re-Enabling DS4 Controller
Here are the steps which you should follow to re-enable your DS4 Controller drivers.
- Press the Win+R shortcut to open the ‘ Run ‘ dialogue. Enter the key on your keyboard and type devmgmt.msc.
- Expand the list by pressing ‘ Human Interface Devices ‘ over the arrow and double-clicking on ‘ HID-compliant game controller. ‘
- Now enable HD-Compliant Game Controller and then try to connect the controller again.
Fix 3: Uninstall Your Windows 10 Updates
Updating to Windows ‘ latest build may impede the functionality of some devices that are connected to your PC. If the above approaches do not work for you, it may be the last option to uninstall Windows update.
Follow these below steps to uninstall updates:
- Go to Start Menu and then click on the Settings icon on the left side or you can click Windows Logo + I button at the same time to enter into Settings.
- From Settings, you need to open Update & Security
- Now from the left-side menu click on Windows Update and then click on View Installed update History.
- It will launch a new window where you can see all the latest updates installed on your computer so simply delete all the recent updates until your controllers work fine.
That’s it these are some solutions which you can follow to fix DS4Windows Controller not detected issue in Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1.