DS4Window is a small and simple Windows tool that allows you to use the maximum potential of your PS4 DualShock controller. The program allows you to quickly create your favourite games with custom profiles. The utility does not need to be mounted and can be unpacked on your drive anywhere. Using Bluetooth or USB cable, the controller can be linked to your PC.
DS4Window has a cool, clutter-free GUI that lets you quickly map the buttons of your controller. It also contains an immersive drawing that will ease your work. Any function can be easily and quickly added to any button. The controller can also be removed, edited, and added actions. In addition, it is possible to adjust the acceleration, sensitivity, rumble and gyro.
How To Setup DS4Windows
As you know that this tool is worthy so let’s now check how you can Setup DS4Windows. If you don’t know how to install then I have written the whole guide on it which you should check as well:
This is the complete guide to setup DS4 Emulator:
Setup DS4Windows (Wireless/BlueTooth)
- First, we need to open DS4Windows application.
- Right-click from the system tray on Bluetooth Devices and click Enable Bluetooth Phone. If you’re running Windows 10, you’ll need to press Add Bluetooth or any other phone and then Bluetooth will find discoverable devices like your PS4 controller.
- Use your Bluetooth dongle to pair your DualShock4 controller by making your PS4 controller discoverable. To do this, press Share and PlayStation Icon button for 3 seconds or until a double blinking pattern is displayed by the light bar at the top of the controller. Note: If your controller is still plugged in the PS4 system, your controller may try to connect to it by pressing the PS button.
- Click on the Wireless Controller to pair your PS4 controller with the built-in Bluetooth device of your wireless USB dongle or laptop. Note: If you are using Windows 7 or the older version then you will be asked for the paired key so enter 0000.
- When the app is paired, press Done. To confirm the connection of the PS4 controller, check the light bar at the top of the controller as it should be illuminated. Additionally, the controller should be identified by the Controllers tab in the DS4Windows window.
Setup DS4Windows (Wired/USB Cable)
Here are steps which you can follow to setup DS4Windows using Wired or USB Cable:
- Open DS4Windows.exe. If this is your first time, you’ll be asked where to save the profiles and settings. You can select either Program Folder or Appdata, but I suggest you go with the Program Folder because that’s where these kinds of things usually go; just for consistency.
- Click on “Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver” button if you are using Windows 10/8/8.1.
- Click “Step 2: If you are running Windows 7 or below, Install 360 Driver“ button only if you are running Windows 7 or older as this OS does not have the 360 drivers required to run the DS4 drivers correctly by default. If not, skip it and take the next step below.
- When drivers installed completes just minimize the Window and connect your DualShock 4 controller by using USB Cable.
The DS4Windows controllers’ tab should have an Xbox 360 controller on display. Then, press the Stop button at the bottom right corner, close the DS4Windows window, and reopen the DS4Windows device.
Alternatively, you can just unplug and plugin to see if it is working or not otherwise you can try change USB Cable or ports.